Holding patterns shall be entered and flown at or below the following indicated
- Up to FL140
- Above FL140 up to FL200
- Above FL200 up to FL340
Outbound timing should start from abeam the fix or on attaining the outbound heading,
whichever comes later.
- At or below FL140
- 1.0 min
- Above FL140
- 1.5 min
All turns are to be made at a bank angel of 25 or at a rate of 3degree per second (rate one)
whichever requires the lesser bank.
Corrections shall be made for both known and estimated wind, both to timing and heading.
The entry into the holding pattern shall be according to heading in relation to the three
entry sectors shown below.
STANDARD HOLDING PATTERN
- Sector 1 procedure (Parallel entry).
- (a)having reached the fix, turn onto outbound heading for the appropriate period of
time or distance
- (b)turn left onto the holding side to intercept the in bound track or to return
to the fix
- (c)on second arrival over the fix, turn right and follow the pattern.
- Sector 2 procedure (Offset entry).
- (a)having reached the fix, turn onto a heading at an angle of 30 degree from the
reciprocal of the inbound track, on the holding side.
- (b)fly outbound for the appropriate period of time
- (c)turn right to intercept the inbound track
- (d)on second arrival over the fix, turn right and follow the holding pattern.
- Sector 3 (Direct entry).
- Having reached the fix, turn right and follow the holding pattern.
NON STANDARD HOLDING PATTERN