DC9 CONTINUOUS DESCENT/APPROACH CHART.
Based on idle thrust to approximately final flap selection and a descent of
1000 ft/3 NM (approximately 3° descent path and vertical speed in ft/min of
approximately gs/2 x 10).
- 1. VERT SPEED. NAV LOC if suitable.
- 2. R/D <1000 ft - ILS.
- R/D >1000 ft and stabilized on LOC and G/P - MAN G/P.
- 2.Approx 3500 ft speed minimum Vp Clean - Speed brakes in flaps 5°.
- 3.Approx 2500 ft speed minimum Vp5 - Gear down flaps 15.
- After gear down (approaching 2000 ft) - Flaps 25.
- 4. Approaching 1000 ft minimum Va25 - Flaps 40 - Complete checklist -
- Use 1 500 ft when performing an automatic approach in weather conditions at,
or close to minima.