- RECIRC FAN.
- AUTO - the recirculating fan is shut off on ground and starts automatically
ON - Permits operation on ground.
OFF - Removes electrical power from the fan.
- WIND SHR TEST
- Not installed in SAS MD80.
- ENG SYNC
- OFF - N1 and N2 synchronization is disabled. With auto throttle
on the left engine EPR is automatically matched to the right engine EPR.
N1 - Left engine N1 rpm is matched to right engine N1 rpm.
N2 - Left engine N2 rpm is matched to right engine N2 rpm.
- GND PROX WARN
- OVRD - (guarded) inhibits mode 4B (descent in wrong configuration -
flaps not in landing position) when an intentional "flaps up" landing is planned.
NORM - normal position. GPWS armed.
TEST - A momentary push initiates the test sequence.
- EMER LTS
- OFF - prevents emergency lightning to come on. EMER LIGHT NOT ARMED
caution is on.
ARM - emergency lights will come on automatically if aircraft electrical
power is interrupted.
ON - simulates emergency DC bus failure. All emergency lights and EMERG LIGHT NOT ARMED
caution will come on.