Back to left pilot right
pilot - instrument panel.
- WHITE BUGS.
- The 4 bugs are manually set during takeoff to V1/Vr/V2 and Vclean.
During approach and landing only two bugs are set to Vth and Vclean (done when
reading the "descend checklist".
Explanations of the different speeds can be found under FOM.
- AIRSPEED COMMAND BUG (amber).
- Set with Speed Mach select knob in FGCP. When in V-Nav mode of operation,
the bug and the FGCP readout is automatically set by the FMS to the computed
- Vmo POINTER.
- The red and white pointer reads the maximum permissible airspeed
related to altitude.
- AIRSPEED POINTER (white).
- Indicates computed airspeed IAS.
- MACH READOUT.
- Mach number is the digital readout. The readout will never be
less than in this picture.